PRSI OPTICAL BENEFIT.
EYE HEALTH AT MAC NALLY OPTICIANS ON THE GREEN.
- measure your visual acuity and other vision functions,
- observing the health of your eyes, and
- checking for common eye diseases.
There is no pain or discomfort associated with the exam, and it typically takes approximately half an hour. Just like any other part of your body, your eyes need care and attention to keep them healthy and in attending for a regular eye exam, you can reduce your risk of developing long-term eye conditions and we can advise you on how to best correct common vision problems.
Regular eye tests are very important because your eyes don’t normally hurt when something is wrong. A detailed eye exam is a vital health check for your eyes and can pick up early signs of eye conditions before you’re aware of any symptoms – many of which can be effectively treated if found early enough. What your eye test will show and screen for:
- Your visual acuity and general vision functions
- If you should get glasses to correct your vision for the first time or change your current prescription
- Presbyopia, difficulty seeing close objects or small print clearly
- Floaters, tiny spots or specks floating across the line of your vision.
- Dry eyes or blepharitis, gritty, itchy, burning or watery, tearing eyes or irritated, flaky lid margins.
- UV radiation damage, irritation caused by sun or computer screens
Other significant eye issues including:
- AMD (age-related macular degeneration)
- Diabetic eye disease
At the end of your eye examination, the optometrist will discuss with your whether:
- Your sight needs correcting
- An adjustment to your prescription is required
- On occasion you may need to be referred to your GP or an ophthalmologist for further investigation.
We can now also use our new Fundus Camera which is a specialized microscope with an attached camera designed to photograph the interior surface of the eye and give us even more detailed information on your overall ocular health.
Each detailed eye examination will take approx 30 mins. You can claim back the test fee on your PRSI or if you have a medical card. The test fee is currently a very nominal €30.00 for a standard test. This can increase if additional processes are deemed appropriate.
You can now claim optical benefit allowances on your PRSI towards your test and new prescription spectacles. We can help you to get your approval very quickly online.
“Better Late Than Never” is not a saying that applies to your eyecare. Preventative care and early detection are always the best approach. Please call 01-6769452 to schedule an eye exam. Why not call in to the store at 35-38 St. Stephen’s Green and check out what’s on offer? We have just taken delivery of stunning new eyewear collections.
One of our team would be delighted to give you some guidance or style advice. Call us at 01-676 9452 to organise a visit to us.
BOOK AN EYE HEALTH CHECK OR EYE TEST.
Book your eye test or health check at Mac Nally Opticians on the Green by calling us on 01 676 9452 or filling out this form and we will be back to you within 24 hours.